Cat lovers know how clean-friendly cats are as pets. With a little training and habit, you can easily encourage the use of a litter box. But first, you need to find and buy a litter box for your cat. There are multiple design choices available with different features to offer. Your goal should be to wisely choose one of the best cat litter boxes for small spaces, so you can keep your house clean and smell fresh.
This guide has reviews of the best options available out there. So, you can make a decision easily. Plus, you will learn about the factors that should impact your decision when buying a cat litter box. So, let’s start!
Reviewing Top 8 Cat Litter Boxes for Small Spaces
Here is a list of top designs of cat litter boxes:
The best thing about this cat litter box is that it removes waste automatically. If the odor is a concern for you, then buy this product without apprehensions as it offers amazing odor control.
Since the low-tracking crystals are 99 percent free of dust, they don’t stick to your cat’s paws, and your floor remains clean.
• This product is leak-proof as the disposable trays come lined with plastic.
• It offers hassle-free cleanup. All you need to do is throw the disposable tray away.
• Loading takes a minute.
• Might be ineffective when your cat gets diarrhea, as the litter will stick to the rake.
If you have more than one cat at home, then this litter box is perfect for you. The product has been made with BPA free materials. For odor removal, it has a carbon filter. Since the litter is retained inside the pan, your pet’s privacy is maintained.
Also, the manufacturer sells extra carbon filters separately, in case you need them. This multiple cat litter box comes in a beautiful warm gray color.
• Putting the product together is no hassle.
• It is easy to clean.
• Even two kittens can use it together.
• The swing flap could be difficult to handle for some cats.
No need to worry about scooping or shaking as this litter box comes with sifting holes. It easily separates soiled litter, so you don’t have to scoop or shake while cleaning. The same sifting feature ensures long-life of this box along with its antimicrobial protection.
• Sifting holes for ease of cleaning without scooping.
• Durable design with antimicrobial protection.
• The litter box doesn’t stop bad odor from spreading in the room.
With an odor control feature, this is definitely one of the best cat litter boxes for small spaces available out there. The odor neutralizers can restrict the spread of odor for about 3 months successfully. The flip-top makes it easy to open and clean conveniently.
The design with an enclosed hood ensures that there is no leak or litter scatter. The surface of the box has non-stick properties, which don’t accumulate bad odor and litter. This is a perfect design to ensure complete cleanliness and protection against odor.
• Odor neutralizing properties with an enclosed hood.
• Safety from litter spread and leaks.
• Easy to open and clean.
• You will need a scoop to clean the surface properly.
This litter box for multiple cats has a top entry to prevent any sort of litter. The enclosed box restricts the scatter of spraying as well. The top entry is large enough, so your cat can easily go inside.
• Top entry to minimize the scatter of litter and spraying.
• Attached scoop to easily clean the litter pan.
• Your cat might take a while before becoming comfortable with the round top entry.
This litter box for small spaces is a perfect balance of comfortable space and litter scatter protection. On one side, this box contains a lower entry to let your cat easily go inside. All the other three sides have high dimensions to prevent the scatter of litter and spraying.
• Comfortable design for your cat.
• Non-stick litter box surface.
• The surroundings of the litter box will need a litter mat.
If you have a large cat, this is the perfect size of a hooded litter box. It has a side entrance with a hanging door, so your cat gets the privacy and you get the cleanliness. The hood needs a snap to open, which makes cleaning easier.
The whole body of this box has a polypropylene plastic design. This keeps the odor and stains away to help you clean and wipe it with convenience. The carbon filters are available to stop the odor and litter particles from spreading. Plus, you can change them after a while.
• Hooded design for litter and odor containment.
• Hanging door for complete privacy for your cat.
• Odor and stain resisting body material.
• You will have to buy a scoop and a litter mat separately.
When thinking about a litter box that doesn’t look like one, you can trust this model. This huge litter box for cats has a shape of a clay pot. On the outer side, it gives a beautiful plant pot appeal. Internally, it contains a large, spacious litter box with a wide entry point.
• Beautiful pot-like design that blends with your interior decorations.
• Durable polypropylene material body.
• Warranty of 1 year.
• Not every owner prefers a large cat litter box.
How to Select the Best Cat Litter Boxes for Small Spaces?
Due to the versatility of designs, you should focus on multiple factors while selecting a multiple cat litter box.
Covered or open
You need to choose between a covered and open design of litter boxes. While hooded designs secure the litter completely, open boxes take a small space. You need to pick as per your preference.
Odor and stain resisting surface
No one likes to spend hours just to clean a litter box. So, make sure that the selected option contains a non-stick surface to resist the accumulation of odor and stain.
When choosing a hooded box, you can consider between side entry and top entry.
You should invest in a scoop as well as a litter mat to ensure complete cleanliness.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which type of litter box is preferred by cats?
Cats like uncovered, large, and hygienic litter boxes. Preferably, the length of the litter box should be one and half times the length of the cat so that it can easily turnaround and be comfortable in it.
After how much time, should you clean the litter box?
It is recommended to change the clay litter two times a week. Rest, it depends on your situation; you might need to change it every other day or once a week. An additional benefit of cleaning box daily is that you then need to clean clumping litter after 2-3 weeks.
At which place, should you put the cat’s litter box?
Privacy is what a cat desires where there is a clean and low traffic area. You should put the litter box in a quiet corner of the family room or in a separate room where people go rarely.
Now, you know how to pick a litter box for your cat. Follow the given tips and judge the mentioned options to make your final decision. The perfect selection lies between the ease of litter management and the comfort of your kitty.