Cats have a natural thing for scratching, and cat owners would agree that those scratch marks on furniture and other household items are anything but pleasing. It is absolutely important to have a cat scratching pad. Contrary to what some people believe, a cat’s tendency to scratch is not just about playfulness, but also about keeping the nails in check and marking territory. Scratching pads are designed to withstand all of that clawing and scratching, and you can actually find a whole bunch of products in the market, depending on size and other factors.
In this post, we are discussing further on how you can select the best cat scratching pad, with products that we liked.
Reviewing the top Cat Scratching Pad
View Latest Price
|1||PetFusion 3-Sided Vertical Cat Scratching Post||$39.95|
|2||Petstages Cat Scratcher Cat Hammock Cat Scratching Post||$15.50|
|3||Petstages Cat Scratcher Cat Hammock Cat Scratching Post||$21.98|
|4||Petstages Cat Scratcher Cat Hammock Cat Scratching Post||$44.99|
|5||Petstages Cat Scratcher Cat Hammock Cat Scratching Post||$24.99|
|6||Petstages Cat Scratcher Cat Hammock Cat Scratching Post||$24.99|
PetFusion brings this amazing scratching post that doubles up as a play area for your cat. The package also includes premium USA organic catnip leaf, and the post is made from recycled and non-toxic material. The angles of the product are such that cats can stretch and scratch as they want. The company offers a 6-month warranty on the product, which is an added advantage
• Two sizes available
• Thoughtful design
• 6-month warranty
• Has won awards
• Recyclable material
• Not the cheapest one/ can be considered expensive
This scratching post from Petstages comes with a collapsible design and works like a hammock, making it easy to store, as well. The design allows your cat to lounge as it pleases, and the scratching area is pretty huge for easy scratching. The product offers considerable support when the kitten is resting and comes with a pouch of catnip included in the package.
• Collapsible design
• Easy to store
• Affordable price
• Simple to carry around
• Hammock design
• Just one size
• Not of as high quality as others
If you are looking for a simple design cat scratcher, this one should fit the bill. This is the best cat scratching post, which is made of cardboard and offers a wider surface to scratch. The product is made of 100% eco-friendly and recyclable materials and can be used as a play surface for clawed cats, as well. A pack of catnip is included in the product package.
• Super affordable
• Simplified design
• Easy to store
• Big scratching surface
• 100% eco-friendly
• Just one surface, so your cat can get bored
This is basically scratching post of sorts, which allows your cat to stretch completely as required. The product is made of fibrous, durable sisal that allows the cat to get naturally attracted to the post. The post is 32-inches high, which is tall enough for most house cats and can be assembled easily as required.
• Natural scratching post
• Nice design for contemporary homes
• Easy and quick assembly
• Sturdy base
- Expensive compared to some products
- No place for the cat to rest (not a hammock design)
If you wanted a scratching pad that almost is the same as a sleeping place, this is the product to go for. The pad is made from high quality and natural sisal for assured durability, and there is no mess with the product. Your cat will also love to sleep on the mat, which comes with three layers to prevent skidding.
• Simple, effective design
• Works as a sleeping surface
• Priced right
• Not the cheapest one on this list
• Doesn’t have any other inclusions, such as catnip
This is a cat hammock that’s elevated with the help of post pillars that serve as scratch pads. The cat can relax as it wants, while the post pillars offer the height and space to stretch and scratch. The scratching posts of the hammock are made of natural jute fiber that’s safe for cats and keeps nails healthy, while the neutral color fits the design of most homes.
• Durable design
• Hammock that doubles up as scratching post
• Made of natural jute fiber
• Safe for most house cats
• Beautiful design
• Just one size available
• There are cheaper products in the market
How to choose the best cat scratching pad or post?
As you may have guessed, there are products that serve the same purpose but have different shapes and sizes. After cat scratching post reviews, here are a few tips on how you can choose one.
• Consider the shape. There are scratching pads, posts, hammocks, triangles, and even sleeping pads that belong to the same category, so you have to consider the shape that may work best for your cat. Posts are ideal when your cat has a tendency to scratch more on furniture or taller surfaces, while you can also use flexible pads that can be thrown over on a regular furniture item as a covering.
• Durability counts. Cats scratch and they do it all the time. You don’t want to replace the cat scratching post every month, so it makes sense to select something that is meant to last. Durability is an important factor when you look for products in this segment.
• Sturdiness is important. Your cat will not use the scratch post if they find it wobbly, so you want to be sure that the post is strong enough to withstand all that naughtiness. You may want to check the material, which should be natural and must be safe for the cat.
Finally, do consider the surface. A scratching post or pad has to be big enough to fit your cat’s demand for scratching and stretching, so don’t buy something too small. As for the price, it depends on the shape and design, but a good pad is like an investment for the long run, so don’t shy away from shelling out a tad more.