As proud dog owners, we want to take complete care of our little friends. So, when it comes to moving your dog via a car journey, you feel a little worried. An excited dog can easily get hurt, which is why a well-protected moving environment becomes necessary. The right way is to find the best dog crate for car and use it to safely move your dog. Here, in this guide, you will learn about the best choices of crates along with some valuable tips to make your final decision. So, let’s start right away with the reviews of dog crates.
Reviewing top dog crates for car travel
View Latest Price
|1||Single & Double Door Folding Metal Dog Crate||$39.99|
|2||Petmate Sky Kennel||$52.20|
|3||2PET Foldable Dog Crate||$46.95|
|4||Soft-Sided Pet Travel Crate||$27.99|
|5||Folding Soft Dog Crate||$54.86|
|6||Petnation Port-A-Crate Home For Pets||57.00|
These are the crates dog owners prefer for a car journey:
This dog crate is known for its convenience due to the foldable design. You get a single door in the front for dog’s entry. However, there are two door latches with slide bolt mechanism, which ensures the security and safety of your dog. The metal construction provides sturdiness. The portability is exceptional with this design, as it folds flat. So, you can easily store and move the crate whenever required. You get enough space in the crate to add a feed pan and small cushions.
• Portability and ease of storage with foldable design.
• Spacious crate to ensure the comfort of your dog while moving.
• The metal design might not appeal to many dog owners.
This plastic design is considered the best dog crate for car travel by many owners. It contains wired vents, secure doors along with adaptable features as per your travel needs. The vault door opens 4-way to provide additional security while traveling with your dog. The design has durable plastic material, strong and non-corrosive steel wire and tested construction quality. The ventilation from all directions allows proper visibility and fresh air for your pet while traveling. You get clip-on bowls as well as stickers to make your crate travel-friendly. A carrying handle offers a balanced way to carry your dog.
• 360 degrees of ventilation for visibility and air.
• Multiple size options to match your dog’s size.
• Travel adaptability with additional security features.
• Your dog might not like the completely packed plastic body with limited visibility.
For softness and comfort, you can choose this foldable dog crate. It works like a mini home for your dog while traveling. The steel frame provides the sturdiness, while soft fabric cover offers a convenient experience. The front section opens with a zipper and there are large bone-shaped windows with mesh panels on each side. The cover is washable, so you can keep it clean and ready for car travel every time. The product comes with a warranty of 1 year, so you get the best value for the invested money.
• Strong steel design with soft fabric cover.
• Mesh panel for perfect ventilation.
• Warranty of 1 year on manufacturing faults.
• The handles need protection against strong and sudden jerk.
This carrier offers comfort to your dog and you as well. The mesh design gives enough visibility and protected environment. On the other hand, you get to carry your dog easily with the adjustable straps and crate handle. Most importantly, the pet bed design is washing machine friendly. You can take it out and wash in the machine for perfect cleanliness. The zipper opening ensures that your pet doesn’t get hurt while entering or exiting the carrier.
• Adjustable handles as well as a shoulder strap.
• Washable pet bed.
• Measuring your dog’s height and length will be necessary before buying.
This is a soft-sided folding dog crate available in multiple sizes. The doors are provided in the front and on top along with mesh windows for proper ventilation. The zipper closures completely secure the crate. The materials include polyester fabric and PVC frame, which takes no time to set up. In fact, you don’t even need any tools for the same purpose.
• Beautiful, soft and sophisticated appeal.
• Warranty of 1 year.
• It is most-suited for crate-trained dogs.
Portability and lightweight design make this crate perfect for car journeys and other transportation purposes. The mesh fabric is tightly woven to provide additional sturdiness, which is enhanced by the steel frame. It takes seconds to set up or fold down. The product needs no additional tools to set up.
• Lightweight design with reliable mesh fabric.
• Easy to set up construction.
• You need to be extremely precise about the height and length of your dog when buying.
How to choose the best dog crate for car?
To choose the right dog crate for car travel, you should cover these factors:
• Security. First and foremost, evaluate the security your dog would receive with a crate. Check the design in terms of doors, ventilation, windows, and visibility. These factors decide how secure your dog feels during its crate time.
• Durability. The design of the crate should be durable, so you can rely on it. The durability factor depends on the fabric, frame, and crate’s handle material. So, find out about those materials and their sturdiness.
• Ease of use. The usability factor involves the comfort of carrying your dog, setting up and folding the crate, and washing. Check these factors to be on the safe side of having a convenient crate.
• Size. Measure the length and height of your dog to choose the best-suited size without mistaking. This will keep your dog calm and relaxed in the crate.
With a perfect crate, you don’t have to worry about your dog’s safety or inconvenience when on a journey by car. So, use the mentioned choices and pick the best one that matches your dog’s needs. Don’t forget to utilize the provided tips as well. Now, you are ready to buy a crate for your dog!