Not everyone likes the powdered packaged form of coffee available at supermarkets. Many people prefer grinding their own coffee to have a perfect aroma and texture when they finally make and take a sip. If you are also one of the coffee-grinding enthusiasts, you most probably look for the best grinder for Aeropress. Hence, this guide has been created to support your requirements with product reviews and buying tips combined together. You will find out about the best coffee grinding products and gain knowledge to make your final decision. Let’s find out!
In a hurry? My favorite is this Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder. See it at Amazon
Reviewing Top 5 Coffee Grinders
Here is a list of the most trusted coffee grinders available in the market:
This coffee grinder has a perfect mini size and reliable stainless steel structure. It has a wide range due to ceramic material conical burrs. So, you can grind to a powder level or create the French press as well. At one go, you can grind about 20 grams of coffee. It is about 130 mm in height and has 47 mm of diameter. The body is static-free and has a sturdy stainless steel structure. The device requires hand press, so no need to worry about adding batteries or any other form of electric energy. This way, you can carry it with you anywhere while traveling.
• Versatile grinding strength
• Easy to carry
• High-quality stainless steel design
• No section to view the coffee powder inside
This manual grinder is an upgraded version of traditional handy grinders. It offers about 18 grinding sizes which you can choose with a click. This allows you to grind your coffee with perfect precision for Aeropress, French press, cold brew, Espresso, pour over, and drip. The design is compact and portable that needs no batteries. You can go camping, backing or travel abroad with this device. The combo burr has high-quality ceramic constructed with professional-grade precision. The blades are made to last and provide accurate grinding. You also get a bag to store and carry this device around easily.
• 18 grinding settings
• Portable size
• High-quality construction
• You will have to grind coffee in multiple batches
This is an award-winning grinder you can use for coffee grinding at home in bulk. It is a convenient grinder with user-friendly switches. You can easily place it in your kitchen and start using it. It has 40 grinding settings due to its commercial-quality conical burrs. You can explore a wide range of coffee grinding such as Aeropress, espresso, Chemex, Hario V60, automatic brewers, and French press as well. With a single button, you can get fresh AeroPress coffee. The burrs are made from steel alloy hardened to last for a long time. Plus, it has a powerful and reliable DC motor. Hence, you can expect consistent grinding quality for a long time.
• User-friendly device
• 40 grinding settings
• Warranty of 1 year
• It is not portable
This is a manual device with 18 settings to grind at different coarseness including Aeropress, French press, cold brew, drip, pour-over, Chemex, and others. You can even include other herbs and spices with your coffee and grind them together. No need to worry about damaging your countertop or wasting coffee. This grinder is easy to fill and spills nothing due to the silicon funnel and protection ring.
• Heavy-duty construction
• No-spill mechanism
• Completely manual
• You will need some practice initially to get the settings right
This Porlex coffee grinder is known for its precision and versatility. It has ceramic conical style burrs and delivers every style of coffee from Aeropress to French press. Japanese technology makes it a reliable device. It can grind about 30 grams of coffee at one go. The body is made from premium quality stainless steel material to last for a long time. The diameter is about 47 mm, while the height of this model it 178 mm. You can manually choose a setting and grind conveniently without any hassle. It doesn’t need any electric power source. Plus, the size is portable, so you can take with anywhere in your bag.
• Wide grinding range
• Precise grinding
• Static-free material
• Easy to carry
• You have to be careful while filling and grinding to avoid spilling
How to buy the best grinder for Aeropress?
• For AeroPress grinding, you need a reliable device for sure. But try focusing on the versatility of grinding coarseness. Pick a device that offers multiple settings of grinding your coffee. That way, you can explore different options along with AeroPress.
• You have to choose between capacity and portability. If you need to grind in bulk at home, you can choose a high-capacity battery-run grinder. But, if you want to keep the grinder everywhere you go, then, choose a portable, manual device that will have a limited grinding capacity. But, the advantage of a manual device is that you can go to travel, hiking, and backpacking with it and enjoy fresh coffee beverages anywhere.
• Understand the quality of the material used in the construction of the body and the blades. The design should be effective in grinding precisely and last for years without losing the performance.
• It is also important that you don’t have to struggle for every cup of coffee while grinding. Hence, the grinder has to be user-friendly. The settings should be easy to understand, so you can quickly adapt to the grinding mechanism.
After all the mentioned factors, you can compare the prices and warranty to make your final decision. That way, you will be spending money on the best-suited coffee grinder.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can ground coffee be used an Aeropress?
It would be 220 ml of water and 3tbps of coffee for a standard Aeropress. Boil the water and then add grounds. After that, you need to saturate the grounds. This can be done by adding a half cup of water. In this way, ground coffee can be used in Aeropress.
Why Aeropress coffee tastes so good?
The main reason for its good taste is that grounds are fully immersed in water, which results in swift yet robust flavor extraction. This immersion results in a very smooth brew coffee which appeals to the eyes as well as to the tongue.
Is it safe to drink Aeropress coffee?
Aeropress is made using food-safe phthalates free copolyester. And an unfiltered cup of coffee a day does not cause harm to health, but you need to think if your consumption increases during cooler months.
If you wish to have Aeropress freshly prepared, you must find the finest grinder. And now you have the best grinders available right in front of you. Plus, you have all the tips necessary to pick among the best choices. So, wait no more and get your coffee grinder right away!