There are certain expectations you have in mind regarding a lawnmower. You want it to be precise, effective, and convenient. You desire the best lawn mower for 5 acres that doesn’t make a mess when cutting the grass. Well, it is all possible if you just pick the right mower for the job. But, that’s not easy! There are many brands and models to choose from. Hence, this guide has been created with the accumulation of top mower reviews and useful buying tips. Hopefully, you will find a perfect mower in the following list of products. Let’s dive right in!
In a hurry? My favorite is this American Lawn Mower. See it at Amazon.
|Sun Joe MJ401E Electric Lawn Mower||$109.99|
|American Lawn Mower||$82.49|
|Fiskars Push Reel Lawn Mower||$158.04|
|EGO Power Cordless Lawn Mower||$329.99|
|WORX WG160 Cordless String Mini Mower||$119.00|
Reviewing Top 5 Lawn Mowers for 5 Acres
These are highly rated and appreciated lawn mowers people use for 5 acres:
How about a powerful mowing device that runs on four small wheels? It has a 13-amp motor that easily cuts grass in a wide 14-inch path. More impressively, the deck is adjustable, so you can customize the cutting height in three different positions. The blades are made from premium quality steel to precisely cut the grass. Then there is a bag to collect 6-gal of cut grass. The design is convenient to use with a sturdy handle designed to last. You won’t be struggling to control this mower whenever using.
• 14-inch cutting path
• 13-amp motor
• Adjustable deck
• Grass collector
• The size is not very compact
The sleek design makes it the best mower for 5 acres. It has polymer wheels, providing a cutting width of 14 inches. The reel of ball bearing contains 4 blades to cut the grass. You can adjust the cutting height between 0.5 inches to 1.75 inches, which increases the cleanliness and sharpness of every cut. The blade construction includes alloy steel treated to stay sharp and strong for a long time. Unlike any gas-powered mower, this one is eco-friendly. You won’t be using any oil, which also reduces the requirement of maintenance.
• Superior quality 4 steel blades
• Low maintenance
• Quick assembly
• You will have to put more effort into cleaning your lawn after mowing
This is a smart, eco-friendly mower design to provide great results without worrying about the electrical cords, loud engine, battery charging, oil or gasoline. This mowing machine works manually with push force only. The StaySharp Reel and advanced design of 4 wheels make moving easier than a regular push reel machine. The reel provides 50% extra cutting power to cut through weeds, twigs and any other tough areas without any problem. The design makes mowing easier without harming the environment in any way.
• No fuel required
• Easy to push
• Lifetime warranty
• The cutting efficiency might not be suitable for some lawn conditions
When looking for the best zero turn mower for 5 acres, you can choose this battery-powered device. It is a modern-age mowing machine that receives its power from lithium-ion batteries. This way, you get to simply walk behind the mower and let it move smoothly on its own. The cut capacity is also larger than many cordless mowers. It cuts a 20-inch wide area. The external construction of the device has impressive weather-resistant features. It is a perfect machine to mulch, bag, and side discharge. Plus, you can easily fold this mower for easy storage.
• Battery run, cordless machine
• Weather-resistant design
• 3-in-1 function
• Easy storage
• You will have to recharge the battery from time to time
This slim mower model makes three functions possible due to the dual positions of its wheels. So, you can use it for mowing, trimming and edging as well. You won’t even need a tool to turn the device into an edger. The device is cordless and operates on lithium battery power. It has a cutting diameter of 12 inches that cuts in a single line. The quick-release technology of the lever allows you to adjust the height conveniently. The shaft can tilt to 90 degrees if you desire.
• Three functions in one device
• Battery powered
• Adjustable shaft
• It needs to charge from time to time
How to buy the best lawn mower for 5 acres?
• There are different types of lawn mowers you can choose from such as battery-powered, push reel, four-wheeler, two-wheeler, and others. So, you need to select a design that matches your needs. You can choose an electric mower, but it will require regular recharging. Or, you can pick a push reel design, which will need some effort to mow the lawn. Both choices have unique advantages.
• Another important aspect is the precision of grass cutting. To judge that, you should evaluate the construction quality of blades. Also, look if the cutting height is adjustable or not. These features will decide the sharpness and quality of cuts you get while mowing.
• Also, you need to decide whether you need a collection bag built-in or not. Mowers with a collection bag provide cleaner mowing.
• Don’t forget to evaluate the level of safety and maintenance required by a device. You need a device that can handle lawn conditions and changing weather conditions as well. Plus, the process of mowing has to be completely safe.
All the mentioned tips will help you choose the right kind of lawn mower for your purpose. After comparing the mentioned factors, you can compare the prices to make your final decision. Do go for the cheapest. Find a high-quality machine that matches your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What size of lawnmower is appropriate for a 1-5 acres farm?
For 1/2 to 1-acre, a powerful robot mower, power battery mower, gas-powered push mower can do the work. For 1-3 acres, 30″-42″ riding lawn mower and for 3-5 acres, 42″-54″ riding lawn mower is necessary. For lawns > 5 acres, lawn tractor or zero turn mower is required.
How much time does it take to mow 5 acres land?
To mow 5 acres of land, 145.2 minutes are taken by the mower. But it does not include the time required to turn at corners. So, approximately it takes 2 hours to mow a full 5 acres land.
Zero-turn mower of what size is appropriate to mow 5 acres land?
Cutting width between 42-61 inches is appropriate for a zero turn mower to work efficiently. The bigger the size of the cutting deck, the less time zero turn mower will take to mow your 5 acres of land.
Picking a mower is pretty complex if you don’t have all the right information. But you do now! All the product reviews and buying tips are available, so you can make up your mind before buying a mower. The reviews have given you all varieties of modern-age choices to pick from.