You can significantly reduce your recipe preparation time simply by using the right appliances. The modern-age cooking appliances are designed to help you prepare your dishes faster. One such device is a potato masher, which makes potato mashing cleaner, easier and quicker. However, there are many different designs available to mash potatoes. You should be aware of the best potato masher in order to make your selection.
Here, in this guide, you will get potato masher reviews and tips to buy the best product. So, keep reading!
Reviewing Top 5 Potato Masher For Your Kitchen
Do you want fluffy perfection in your mashed potato?! Then, use this masher, which is made from 100 percent stainless steel. The design makes a creamy texture possible. The mechanism requires a little effort to mash potatoes as well as other vegetables, which makes it the best potato masher. The handles are long and offer an anti-slip grip, so you don’t have to worry about tired arms. The steel body provides rust protection that allows this masher to perform for a long time.
• Corrosion resisting body
• Effortless comfort in mashing mechanism
• Long, anti-slip handles
• It mashes potatoes in multiple batches
With a simple design, this masher offers a strong grip with cushioned handle. And, you get broad wire head made from stainless steel. The masher easily fits medium and large sizes of pots and bowls. So, you can mash potatoes within minutes. When cleaning, you can simply put it in your dishwasher. There is a hole in the handle to help with the storage.
• Stainless steel head
• Non-slip, cushioned handle
• Dishwasher safe
• Mashing will not be as convenient as you desire
This is one of the most efficient and effective potato masher designs you can find. Its handle is horizontal and cushioned to provide a comfortable grip. The mashing head is made from stainless steel and provides a large mashing surface area. So, you can mash potatoes without wasting gas or electricity. Then, clean easily with mildly warm water.
• Innovative design to offer larger surface for mashing
• Horizontal handle with cushioned grip
• Simple to clean
• The design will require a flat surface for proper mashing
This innovative product works as a masher as well as a mixer of potatoes. So, you can significantly reduce preparation time for recipes that include mashed potatoes. This is definitely the best potato masher 2019 due to this dual functionality. Moreover, you can use it to mash and mix other vegetables and fruits as well. The wire head collects and mashes potatoes in the center, then, you can easily mix.
• 2-in-1 design for mashing and mixing
• Durable stainless steel design
• Quick cleaning
• The handle has no cushioning
How to choose the best potato masher?
• After reading every best potato masher review, you need to look for a design that aligns with your needs. There are different models with different benefits. So, you should pick a design that meets your requirements.
• Don’t forget to ensure the quality of material used in the construction of a masher. It should have pure stainless steel that will not become rusty. Otherwise, you won’t be able to use a masher for long.
• Look at the mechanism of holding the masher. Some mashers contain a vertical handle, while many contain a horizontal handle. Also, the cushioning on the grip matters too. Without proper cushioning, your hands will start to feel sore after a while.
• Check the surface area covered by the wire head. This will give you an idea of how long it will take to mash a batch of potatoes.
• Find out about the process of cleaning a masher. It shouldn’t take hours to remove the mashed potato from the wire head.
• And finally, you can compare the prices and make your final decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the use of potato masher?
It is a utensil used for food preparation by crushing cooked potatoes. It comprises a handle that is connected to a mashed head. The position of the handle varies from sideways to upright depending upon the masher type.
Sometimes my mashed potatoes look gluey. Why?
The wrong kind of potato is the major reason behind this result. But this problem can also be caused due to insufficiently drained or overcooked potatoes because they can become sticky. Another problem is spuds which are overworked.
What can I use apart from milk in my mashed potatoes?
Almond cooking milk, water, coconut cream, dairy-free milk, and mayonnaise can be used apart from milk in mashed potatoes. All these additions make you mashed potatoes creamy and tasty. It depends totally on you, what you want to use.
With this guide, now, you have the most unique and effective potato masher designs to choose from. Use the mentioned tips to get yourself a masher and reduce your recipe preparation period. So, you can cook more in a smart way.