Before you go ahead and conquer the soccer field, you need to get the proper gear, and nothing is probably more important than a pair of soccer cleats. There are all sorts of soccer cleats, which are designed to cater to playing styles and different feet shapes.
If you have wide feet, you need to be a tad more careful, because if you choose something designed for normal feet, it can affect your performance. Many brands now have soccer cleats for people with wider feet, and these are designed to suit different needs. You can measure your feet during the day to find if you have wider feet.
In this post, we are discussing everything you need to know for selecting the best soccer cleats for wide feet, with six products that we absolutely recommend.
Reviewing the Top 8 Soccer Cleats For Wide Feet
Adidas Men’s Copa Mundial Soccer shoe is one of the best options you have if you are looking for cleats. This one is a fully leather shoe with a rubber sole that provides comfort and control. The shaft is up to 6-12 inches with a boot opening of 0-3 inches and a platform of 0-3 inches.
Overall, this is simply a must-have pair of cleats for all the young soccer players out there.
• Fully leather cleats made from high-quality K-leather
• Rubber sole provides control and comfort
• Available in a wide range of sizes
• Fits well and supports explosive movement and speed
• It’s not suitable for extremely rainy conditions
These soccer cleats are made of 100 percent synthetic material. The product also comes with imported soles. These cleats are lightweight and offer great traction. That means, they don’t even feel like they are on your feet. The measurement of the shaft is low-top from the arch, approximately.
They are available in vibrant colors, and hence, ideal for you if you love your cleats to be fun.
• The best thing about these cleats is that they go easy on the pocket.
• The upper part of the shoes grips the ball well as it has a fine texture.
• These cleats are comfortable to wear.
• Width is a bit narrow.
These imported cleats are extremely lightweight, and hence, help you make swift moves on the field. They are comfortable to wear and are suitable for even those who play every day. The upper part of the cleats is made of lightweight textile which offers great durability.
For optimum traction, you get cleated outsole for pivots and quick cuts. What else? Getting them on and off is a breeze.
• No tongue adjustment is needed as the shoes have a slip-on sock design.
• The cleats are comfortable to wear.
• Narrow fitting shoes with sufficient ankle support.
• Might not be ideal for broad feet.
Soccer cleats are meant to last, and the brand is often an assurance of quality. This pair from Adidas is ideal for those with wide feet and comes in sizes up to 15, making it ideal for most players. The black and white design feels stylish, while leather works as a perfect material for extensive use and those who spend more time on the field.
• Leather upper made of premium K-leather
• Stylish design
• Durable synthetic sole
• Extra cushioning on the side
• Easy lace closure
• Designed for better traction
• Reliable brand
• Expensive than regular soccer cleats
If you are looking for a pair of cleats for wide feet that don’t cost a fortune, these shoes from Zephz should fit the bill. This pair is designed exclusively for youngsters with wide feet, comes with a TPU cleated outsole with rivets. The product is ideal for daily use, especially for players who have just started to discover soccer cleats.
• Extremely affordable
• Stylish design
• Sizes up to 6X available
• Lace up closure
• Not leather
• Wouldn’t be right for extensive long-term use
Nike is another brand known for its soccer cleats, and this particular pair features Textured Flyknit construction, which offers great ball control, even when you are playing on a wet field. With Quadfit™ mesh inner, the shoes fit for most feet shapes, including wider ones, while Dynamic Fit collar ensures complete support around the ankle.
• Ideal for wide feet
• Dynamic Fit collar for better ankle support
• Ghost Lace system for concealing laces
• Breathable fabric lining
• Textured Flyknit construction for better ball control
• Number of colors available
• Not leather
• Bigger prices are expensive
Adidas has many options in soccer cleats, and if you don’t want something expensive in leather, this pair should be ideal for your needs. Made of textile and synthetic upper, these shoes are imported and a rubber sole. The design works ideally for holding the feet in place and is ideal for wider feet, for that apt agility on the field.
• 100% textile and synthetic
• Affordable than other brands
• Smart design
• Rubber sole for durability
• Zero wear-in time
• Great for speed
• Cushioned comfort
• Not leather
• Adidas has better options
If you want a better option than the mentioned above, this pair from Adidas should work. This also features a textile and synthetic upper while shaft measures nearly low-top” from arch. The design hugs the feet, which offers perfect response and fit. This is the most trusted series from the brand in association with Messi, and each pair is designed for the fit that Messi likes.
• Features 360 Torsion Tape for lateral and medium support
• Comfortable synthetic upper
• Secure lockdown
• Lightweight MessiGambetrax 2.0 outsole inspired by Messi
• Not many color options
• Slightly expensive
This is another pair of soccer cleat from Adidas, designed for perfect fit and comfort. These shoes are imported and feature an extremely durable rubber sole for that amazing on-field performance.
• 100% leather upper
• Durable rubber sole
• Imported product
• Great design
• Nice lace closure
• Cushioned ride for wide feet
• Traction on turf
• Slightly expensive
How to choose the best soccer cleats for wide feet?
• When it comes to soccer cleats, there are two basic choices in upper – leather or synthetic. Both have a few pros and cons, but for wide feet, in particular, the leather upper is usually recommended, especially kangaroo leather. That’s because the shoes take the shape of the feet and allow perfect comfort and traction.
• With soccer cleats, you have to be careful about the fit, and we strongly recommend that you check for shoes that are designedfor wide feet in particular. If you are buying online, make sure to check the description well.
• Eventually, cleats are all about traction and on-field movement, so you need to check the sole design and material. Rubber is the most preferred choice but always do your homework and check how the shoes will work on the ground.
• Adidas, Nike are some of the best brands for soccer cleats, including for wide feet, so we strongly suggest that you check for a reliable brand. Your soccer cleats are more like an investment, so don’t shy away from paying a tad more.
It is also important to note that cleats for wide feet are designed differently, so the shoes have to contour to the feet and offer extra support, especially on the sides if need be. Always check the soles and design of a pair before buying.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any wide soccer cleats available?
Yes, wide fit soccer cleats are built for players with wide feet. If you do not find any wide soccer cleat, it is recommended to use cleats made from natural leather as natural leather will adjust according to your feet.
Should my cleats tightly fit into my feet?
Tight fit cleats are necessary for players to have a good hold or optimal touch over the ball. Only a gap of 1/4 inch is necessary to fit them properly. Cleats that have much bigger sizes than your feet may result in injuries while playing.
Do cleats hurt or cause pain?
Yes, if there is a problem of the fitting. Common forms of pain in the feet because of cleats are Achilles tendon injuries, heel pains, blisters and ankle pains, etc. Blisters can result from the friction against the cleats.
As you may have guessed by now, if you have wide feet, you must buy a pair of shoes that designed for feet like yours. Compare as many options as possible before choosing one.