Anyone shopping for tanning lotions for the first time can feel overwhelmed by the number of options available. Tanning lotion is an umbrella term that’s used for describing products that enhance the process of tanning by increasing the production of melanin. Each tanning lotion can have a different consistency and will be hydrating enough for the skin, at least in most cases. In terms of categories, tanning lotions can be divided into three segments – indoor, sunless, and outdoor. Outdoor tanning lotions are designed to be used outdoors, while indoor tanning lotions are used when one is using a tanning bed or both. Then there are sunless-tanning lotions, which offer a tan that fades in a few days.
In this post, we are discussing how to choose the best tanning lotion for fair skin and products we liked.
Reviewing the Top Indoor Tanning Lotions
View Latest Price
|1||Famous Dave’s Self Tanner||$19.99|
|2||Ed Hardy Coconut Kisses Golden Tanning Lotion||$19.47|
|3||SunGodZ Indoor Tanning Lotion with Bronzer for Indoor Tanning Beds||$27.99|
|4||Just Nutritive Tanning Indoor Lotion||$28.99|
|5||Millenium Tanning 3 Piece Millennium Solid 100X Indoor Dark Bronzing Lotion||$39.76|
|6||Devoted Creations #TANLIFE Hydrating Tanning Butter||28.60|
This is a sunless tanner from Famous Dave’s is a popular product that ensures even and streak-free application. It dries within five minutes, and if required, you can always reapply for a darker tan. Ideal for those with uneven skin tone.
• Tested and known brand
• Sunless tanning without any effort
• Can be used regularly
• Doesn’t work beyond medium skin
Coming from the trusted house of Ed Hardy, this product offers that ultimate golden results, without relying additionally on bronzers. The mix of “Quad Tyrosine Blend + MelanoBronze” ensures melanin production, which accelerates the tanning process. Melanin synthesizer ensures longer results.
• Trusted brand
• Designed to accelerate the tanning
• Reduces the appearance of cellulite
• Promotes firmness
• Not the cheapest one
• Requires at least 2 hours for full effect
If you are looking for the best tanning bed lotion for fair skin, we recommend this one. Designed to last in the shower, this lotion works really quick and is one of the best products in this category. The product feels extremely hydrating on the skin and is equipped with tattoo protectant too. This can double up as an outdoor tan lotion too.
• Can be used even with tattoos
• Works both as indoor and outdoor tanning lotion
• Extremely hydrating
• Unisex product
• Brand offers a money back guarantee
• Accelerates tanning better than most products
• Except for the fact that it’s expensive, absolutely none
Just Nutritive brings this indoor lotion, which is designed to accelerate the tanning process and maintain it for a longer time. The product ensures a healthy and even glow and can be used for most tanning booth and stations. Since the product maintains the tan, one doesn’t need to use it often. Includes ingredients like Avocado oil, hazelnut oil, Kokum butter, Aloe Vera, and coffee, which are nourishing for the skin and ensures hydration for long hours.
• Includes natural ingredients
• Can be used while on tanning beds
• Accelerates and maintains tan
• Ideal for both genders
• Expensive compared to some of the other products
This is a set of three lotions from Millennium Tanning Products that works as a bronzer and features auto-darkening tan technology. The product doubles up as a bronzer and tan enhancer, and you can expect the tan to last for a considerable period of time. The orchid blush fragrance is absolutely amazing and should work for men and women alike.
• Ideal for women and men alike
• Designed to be a bronzer and tan enhancer
• Affordable price for three bottles
• Doesn’t contain natural ingredients
• Average hydration
Devoted Creations brings this tanning butter that feels soft on the skin and is designed for maximum hydration, much like body butter. The product also has anti-aging properties and skin-firming effects, thanks to RevitaFit, AcquaCell and Body Fit. The product is also ideal for anyone who has tattoos and protects against fading, making it ideal for most users.
• Amazing hydration for the skin
• Can be used by those with tattoos
• Has skin-firming properties
• Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
• Heavy texture
Buying the right tanning lotion
• First things first, understand that tanning lotions are designed for a specific use. For example, if you want to step outdoors, you need a lotion that has some level of sun protection. Consider how you will be using the tanning lotion and select accordingly.
• Use an accelerating lotion. If you are going to use tanning beds, you should know that this is not always the ideal option for your body, and it only makes sense to get done with the tanning as quickly as possible. With melanin-boosting ingredients, accelerators ensure that your skin reacts quickly to UV rays for fast tanning.
• With any lotion, hydration and moisturization are aspects you want to consider. The lotion should keep the skin moist and must be super absorbent so that you don’t need to use a second moisturizer.
• Tanning lotions need to be easy on tattoos, and some of the better ones also help in reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and that’s an added advantage. Make sure that the product is safe and wouldn’t fade the colors.
• A lot of users also want to know if the tanning lotion has good ingredients, especially natural ingredients that wouldn’t harm the skin as much. As a safe idea, we strongly recommend that you go for a known and reliable brand, including some of the ones we just mentioned. Pricing shouldn’t be a consideration, because the product quality depends on how safe it is for the skin.
Finally, think of tanning lotions as an investment for your skin, so do not compromise on the quality. Eventually, a good lotion, indoor or sunless, should be easy on the skin, no matter how many times you choose to use it. Check online now for options!