If you are tall, then you probably find it difficult to buy clothes and shoes for yourself. Well, multiply this difficulty level with 100, and you get what it requires to buy the right tent. True, buying a tent for a tall camper is difficult, but it is certainly not impossible. Various brands have come up with spacious tents for tall campers, and there is simply no shortage of designs. All you need is to understand your specific requirements, and you can zero in on the best tent for tall person that is out there. If you need some guidance in this regard, then the following tents can be a great place to start. Check them out, and choose the one that meets your requirements fully-
In a hurry? My favorite is this Coleman Cabin Tent with Instant Setup. See it at Amazon.
|1||Gazelle 4 Person Camping Tent||4 Person,Two doors Access,Heavy duty material|
|2||Eureka Copper Canyon 6 Person Tent||6 Person,Two high-stash Pockets,Weight: 23 pounds, 2 ounces|
|3||Coleman Cabin Tent with Instant Setup||Style: 4-person,150D Polyester,1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY|
|4||River Country Products Trekking Pole Tent for 2||Color: Green,Super fast & Easy Set up,7 feet long & 5 feet wide|
|5||ALPS Mountaineering Camp Creek 6||Color: Charcoal/Blue,Base Size 10' x 10', Center Height 84",Weight 23 lbs 8 oz|
Reviewing Top 5 Ultralight Tents for Tall People
This product is not just immensely durable but also spacious. You can set it up in about 90 seconds, and its attached rainfly will offer full-proof protection to your tent. Also, the removable floor helps with cleaning. It has a pop-up hub design, perfect for those who loathe complicated installations.
• Sets up in seconds
• Removable floor
• Strong zippers
• A roomy interior
• The length causes inconvenience in traveling.
The best thing about this tent is that it is durable and is packed with various accessories. Its 10x10 feet floor area and 7 feet height make it sufficiently spacious for tall campers. The mesh roof ascertains that the user of the tent receives easy ventilation, and the D shaped doors are just perfect for a tall person’s entry and exit So, this tent is spacious, durable, comfortable and easy to carry- all at the same time.
• Bigger doors
• Awesome ventilation with windows
• Overhead storage
• E power port included for your gadgets
• Tent material not too thick
• Setting it up could be a hassle for some.
The Coleman Cabin Tent has been designed for all four seasons. Apart from being spacious, this tent is easy to install and convenient to store. There are attached poles in the tent which enable you to set it up in just a minute The tent is powered by a dark room technology which reduces heat build-up by 10 percent by blocking about 90 percent of the sunlight hitting the tent. Double-thick fabric makes the tent durable.
• Easy installation
• Not heavy
• Inside pockets for storing essentials
• Condensation issues
• Poor performance during rain
If you are on the lookout for a tent that is snug and comfortable, then this is the product you need. This two-person tent is about 7 feet long, and its width is 5 feet, whereas the height is 42 inches. The best part about this product is that you don’t need tent poles to erect it; even trekking poles or sticks that are about 42 inches tall will serve your purpose. The double-layered door offers amazing ventilation without allowing bugs inside. The presence of 8 metal stakes only makes the tent strong and durable. So, although it’s a compact tent, it’s sturdy.
• Compact yet roomy
• Tent poles are not mandatory for installation
• Not too heavy
• Staking requires multiple guy ropes
• Seams could have been better
This tent is not just going to offer enough room for your tall body, but also a great price economy. The center height of the tent measures 84 inches and the walls are perfectly straight. As a result, it accommodates tall people, almost effortlessly. Outfitted with a water-resistant fly, this tent will protect you from rain. And it will survive even strong winds because it comes with stakes and guy ropes. So, essentially this tent has been designed to help you get through unkind weather conditions.
• Presence of pole clips makes installation easier
• There are 4 windows for ventilation
• Zipping and unzipping the door could be a hassle because of the taut fabric
• Instructions are not clear
And now, here is how you can buy the perfect camping tent for yourself. Check out the tips-
• The first and most important thing that you need to check is the ease of installation. Yes, when you are camping, you don’t want a lot of your time to get wasted assembling your tent. And that is why you should always consider this one of your top priorities.
• Now, how would you know if the tent you are about to buy will offer you an amazing experience in this regard? Well, you will have to look for clues. For instance, an easy to set up tent will have color-coded poles. And certain others will only need you to snap open the poles for their installation. So, there are always going to be ways to know if a tent in question is easy to set up.
• The second important thing is the design. Honestly speaking, a considerable amount of your comfort will depend on this factor. Starting from doors and windows to roofs and storage provisions, various elements of the tent are going to impress or disappoint you based on their design. For instance, D shaped doors are always better for tall people, as they are wider than regular doors.
• Materials out of which the tent parts have been made are also things you can’t neglect at any cost. It is the material of the tent that will determine how durable it will prove to be. Some of the most durable tent materials include cotton, nylon, and polyester. The reason why the quality of the material is so important is that your tent is not just exposed to harsh weather conditions, but also mishandling.
Frequently Asked Questions
How the design of the tent cannot be overlooked while selecting a tent for a tall person?
Tents can have vertical walls or slanted walls. Tents with slanting walls decrease the amount of headroom while sitting for a person who is tall whereas the vertical walls tent offers greater headroom. So, it is necessary to look for the peak height of the tent before buying.
Are multiple doors of the tent a plus point for a tall person?
Multiple doors are necessary in general, not only for a tall person. It serves as a convenient option as an individual does not need to crawl over others to get in or out of the tent. For a tall person, D-shaped doors serve more convenience.
Does the set-up of the tent an important consideration while buying it?
An individual should look for a tent that is easy to set-up and takes a very little amount of time. Some kinds of tents also come with color-coded poles that assist in setting up the tent at a lightning speed.
Finding a suitable tent for your tall body isn’t a chore. But you will have to have a few criteria to hinge your decision on. Considering factors like the overall design, ventilation, interior space, etc. can guide you well through the process of shopping for the best tent for a tall person.