Sample this situation – You and your partner are hiking in the cold areas of Canada, and all you want is a nice, warm resting area in the wild. Expectedly, you won’t find five-star comfort, but you can definitely make it cozier with a sleeping bag! In fact, you could get sleeping bags that zip together! Zipping sleeping bags are incredibly useful for couples, travelers who would like to sleep next to one another, especially in colder climates, or often, just to feel a tad more comfortable. If you check the web, you will find a wide range of sleeping bags that can be zipped, and these are usually sold in pairs. In this post, we are decoding five best products in the category, with pros and cons, besides a guide on things to check.
In a hurry? My favorite is this Sleepingo Double Sleeping Bag. See it at Amazon.
View Latest Price
|1||Sleepingo Double Sleeping Bag||$57.95|
|2||REVALCAMP Sleeping Bag||$22.97|
|3||CANWAY Sleeping Bag with 2 Pillows||$59.99|
|4||TETON Ultralight Double Sleeping Bag||$120|
|5||REDCAMP Sleeping Bags for Camping||$35.98|
Reviewing the Top Five Sleeping Bags
Sleepingo is one of the reliable brands for sleeping bags, and this set of bags is designed exclusively for adventure enthusiasts. The comfort level is ensured, and the product is durable, with the brand offering a lifetime warranty.
• Supremely comfortable
• Ideal for two adults
• Available in different sizes
• Easy to carry
• Can be used separately too
• A bit expensive for some buyers
• Not for plus sizes
If you are looking for something inexpensive and cheap in sleeping bags, this is the one to go for. Ideal for kids and adults alike, the product is best suited for starters and those who are just learning the camping experience. The brand offers sleeping bags to communities as a part of their endeavors, so buying does make a contribution.
• Easy to carry around
• Includes carrying bags
• Comfortable for most adults
• Available in varied colors (23 shades)
• Brand offers money back guarantee
• Not suited for extreme adventure enthusiasts
• Not the best weatherproof option
This is an ideal choice for anyone who wants a dual sleeping bag with pillows. The brand is a known one, and the bags are made of 210T polyester & flannel liner with cotton filling. Ideal for adventure enthusiasts, this one is worth the price paid.
• Ideal for campers and hikers
• Comfortable cotton filling
• Includes pillows
• Carrying compression bag included
• Ideal for extreme weather
• The sleeping bags can be detached and used separately
• Not many colors available
If you had to buy something in the luxe sleeping bags category, this is an ideal choice. TETON is a reliable brand, and its products are designed for extreme weather. We found this product to be the most comfortable in the list, although it comes for that extra price.
• Super cozy and comfortable
• Easy to travel with included compression sack
• Can be used with a camp pad
• Ideal for extreme weather conditions
• Expensive than most other brands.
If you need a set of sleeping bags that zip but don’t cost a fortune, this product from Redcamp should fit the bill. Ideal for adults up to 6-feet tall, the product is made from polyester ripstop fabric and is waterproof. Redcamp has managed to design sleeping bags that are not extremely expensive but doesn’t compromise on features either.
• Larger size
• Durable, soft material
• 2lbs cotton filling
• Easily zippable
• Compression sack included
• Padding could have been better
• Women may need thicker bags
How to choose zipping sleeping bags?
Not all sleeping bags are the same, so you need to do your homework to select the right one. Here are some quick things to check.
1) Since we are talking about sleeping bags that zip together, go for the square and rectangle-shaped ones, instead of the mummy-shaped ones. These are ideal for zipping around and ensuring more comfort while sleeping. Some brands do include pillows as a part of the design, which can be considered.
2) The way the sleeping bags are zipped together must be considered. You don’t want to go for a product that’s not well-designed to be zipped. The quality of zips has to be worth relying on because most adventure seeks often use these sleeping bags in harsh climates. If the sleeping bags are to be used by kids and teens, you may want to check the ease of zipping these bags.
3) Sizes may vary from brand to brand, so check in advance. As a rule of thumb, always go for slightly larger sleeping bags for that extra level of cozy comfort. Also, don’t forget to check the dimensions. A sleeping bag for one person needs to be 30-inch wide at the least, with length around 80-inch.
4) Material and comfort. Keep in mind that the purpose of sleeping bags is to offer that extra level of comfort when you are out in the weather. Make sure that the product is made from durable material and has enough filling, preferably of cotton. Also, check if the product is weatherproof in the first place.
5) Eventually, the brand does make a difference, and to think of it, sleeping bags are like investments in the long run. You have to ensure that you are buying something that wouldn’t need to be replaced, at least for the next five years. Go for a brand that you can rely on, even if that means spending a tad more.
Don’t shy away from checking questions and answers related to products if you are buying sleeping bags online. Also, check the product reviews and find more on the brand before making the final call. A good set of sleeping bags that can be zipped is like an ideal purchase for any adventure enthusiast – Grab your pick today!