70% of the earth is water, and it is the main reason for life to exist on earth. It comes in various types and from multiple sources. For the same reason, the mineral content in the water can vary a lot. The higher the mineral content, the hard the water is. Hard water affects usage, especially when taking a bath.
Instead of creating lather from the body wash you use, it produces scum, non-lathery substance, which does not remove the dirt from the body. This guide below helps you choose the best body wash for hard water available in the market.
In a hurry? My favorite is this Puracy Natural Body Wash. See it at Amazon.
|Puracy Natural Body Wash
|Scent: Citrus & Sea Salt,Size: 16 Fl Oz,Coconut Oil Cleaner,5.5 pH balanced
|CHECK BEST PRICE
|New York Biology Antifungal Tea Tree Oil Body Wash
|Helps Athletes Foot,Nail Fungus,Ringworm,16.9fl oz
|CHECK BEST PRICE
|O Naturals Milk & Honey Natural Body Wash
|16 oz,Vitamin E Enriched,Infused with Dead Sea Minerals,Anti-Aging Properties
|CHECK BEST PRICE
|The Honest Company- Shampoo & Body Wash
|Size: 10 Fl Oz,Sulfate & Paraben Free,Shampoo Plus Body Wash,Made Without Phthalates
|CHECK BEST PRICE
|Nurture My Body – Fragrance free Body Wash
|Size: 8 fl oz,SLS Free,Ideal for Sensitive Skin,9 Certified Organic Ingredients
|CHECK BEST PRICE
Reviewing Best Body Wash Compatible with Hard Water
Puracy Natural Body Wash – Body Wash for Hard Water
Puracy introduces a body wash that contains all-natural extracts that beat the hard water effects and ensure you get that squeaky cleansing bath. This is a plant-powered body wash having traces of sea salts. The presence of these ingredients ensures that daily usage does not harm your skin in anyways at all.
And one of the best parts is, it suits all types of skin. Be it, men or women, they sure will get a most cleansing bath and will surely feel the difference at the first usage itself.
• Natural Ingredients and Sea salts used
• Produces luxurious lather and also cleanses the skin
• Preserves skin oils
• No irritation when rinsed
• Skin dryness observed by users
This Antifungal body wash from New York Biology is not just a body wash, but also has medicinal properties. It has been clinically tested and approved to avoid any fungal infection to the feet. It contains natural ingredients like Tea tree oil, peppermint oil and, eucalyptus oil that ensures your body is free of various bacteria, eczema, nail fungus, acne, and body odor and other skin related issues. It also moisturizes the body, be it for men or women.
• Tea tree oil, peppermint oil, and eucalyptus oil provides medicinal properties
• Suits all skin types
• Medicinal properties truly work
• It did not work for some skin types
This body wash from O Naturals contains the required salts and minerals from the dead sea that are therapeutic. The unique ingredients like Honey and Milk make the base of this body wash. Milk adds to the shine of the glowing skin and provides nutrition to sensitive skin, whereas honey is known as the natural cleanser that cleanses and nourishes the skin altogether. Well, the benefits aren’t limited. The body wash also contains Vitamin E to display antiaging properties. Therefore, with all the unique features in the bucket, this body wash is a must-have luxury wherever you go.
• Dead sea minerals and salts make it unique
• Honey, milk, coconut, and jojoba oil ensures gentleness to the sensitive skin
• No chemicals, Parabens, and SLS used
• Many customers have not liked the fragrance
• Packaging can be improved
The Honest Company does seem to be honest about its body wash. This body wash is specially designed for babies, and not just as a body wash but also as shampoo. The gentle ingredients in this product ensure that no harm comes to the baby even with regular usage. Dermatologists have tested this product, and they approve of this to be free from parabens, synthetic dyes, and fragrances.
• Free from chemicals making it ideal for babies
• The tear-free formula makes it easy for parents while bathing their babies
• All naturally extracted ingredients make it safe for the whole family
• The product does not come sealed
As the brand name suggests, ‘Nurture My Body’ body wash is specially designed for sensitive skin type and has no toxins or chemicals present in it. The manufacturer has kept it simple and pure to ensure safe and fragrance-free usage. This body wash contains all the certified organic ingredients sourced from Northern California, making all the ingredients commonly found in nature. A bath with this body wash ensures you a bathe rich in nutrients for your skin.
• Fragrance-free body wash
• Keeps the skin hydrated and does not let it dry up
• Packaged in the safest plastic bottles
• This product comes under the vegan category. It is not animal-tested.
• Highly-priced in comparison to other similar products.
How to buy Body Wash for Hard water
• With hard water available for your daily use, ensure that the ingredients in the body wash are natural and free of chemical contents.
• Using the body wash for babies? Ensure the brand promotes the product for babies. As the skin of babies is sensitive, using the wrong product can cause inflammation or skin irritation – and you would not want your baby to go through such situations.
• If you have a specific skin type, then ensure you are choosing the product which is compatible with your skin. Using a strong body wash for sensitive skin can turn out to be dangerous.
• Read the reviews to ensure you clear your queries before you add the product to your cart. These reviews can help you choose the right one for you.
• Ensure the water available for your usage is hard water. Else you can go with a regular body wash that suits normal water.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the ways to protect my skin from hard water?
The water softener must be used so that soaps can be easily rinsed off. Showering time should be very less while bathing with hard water and avoid using extreme hot and cold water.
How can you reverse the damage done by hard water?
Lime or lemon rinse, apple cider vinegar or water softener must be used to reverse the damage done by the hard water. These measures should be done immediately as soon as you find your hair are damaged as this damage increases with time.
Is washing your hair with hard water a good idea?
A great amount of magnesium and calcium minerals are present in hard water. Calcium and magnesium reduce the effect of soaps, which result in difficulty to wash off soaps from the body. More water results in wastage, and in addition to that, hair turn out rough after washing with hard water.
Infographic: Most Popular Ingredients Used in Body Wash for Hard Water
The above review of the products was mere a small effort to ensure that it helps you to some extent in choosing the right body wash for you and your family. As several brands claim that they are the best ones available in the market, not all come in the range of fineness. This post has the best-reviewed body washes that you can rely on based on their ingredients and compatibility with hard water. You can also do your exploration, but to reduce the effort, just stick with the above mentioned.