Baking bread is an art, which takes years of practice to master. But, with the aid of the right technology, you can attain mastery faster. There are modern-age bread machines available in the market. A few buttons make bread baking extremely simple. Anyone can bake bread with the right machine. For instance, you might need the right bread machine for sourdough. Similarly, other properties of a bread machine matter too. Hence, in this guide, you will find the reviews of top bread machines and a few valuable tips to choose the right one for your baking purpose. So, let’s begin now!
In a hurry? My favorite is this Sunbeam Programmable Bread Maker. See it at Amazon.
|1||Zojirushi Gluten Free Breadmaker||$339.99|
|2||Sunbeam Programmable Bread Maker||$57.56|
|3||Hamilton Beach 2 lb Non-Stick Bread Maker||$64.87|
|4||SKG 3920 Automatic Bread Machine||$89|
|5||Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Breadmaker||$339|
Reviewing Top 5 Bread Maker For Sourdough
Here is a list of top bread machines you can find out there:
This bread machine bakes a rectangular traditional style loaf in a large size of 2 pounds. There are settings to customize the baking process including Gluten-Free baking. You can use organic and gluten-free ingredients while baking. Similarly, you can rely on this machine to bake sourdough. The device runs on 120 volts and has double kneading blades that properly knead sourdough. This machine takes not more than 2 hours to complete the baking cycle. You will get a measuring spoon and measuring cup to add items accurately. There is an additional heater integrated into the lid to provide even baking.
• Bakes a loaf of 2 pounds
• Multiple baking settings
• Quick completion of the baking cycle
• Dual blades for kneading
• Even baking with an additional heater
• You have to be careful while removing the baked bread
This bread machine has the capacity to bake about 2 lbs of the bread loaf. There are 12 baking functions to choose from. You can choose the right setting for your sourdough and bake conveniently. It also has a delay bake process, which takes about 13 hours. Or, you can choose the express cycle of baking to get it done faster. The front section of the bread maker has an LED display with easy-to-understand push buttons. The baking pan is removable with a nonstick interior. So, you can conveniently remove the break after baking.
• 12 baking settings
• Delay bake and express bake cycles
• LED display and simple control panel
• Removable, nonstick baking pan
• The white color might get stains
This is a nonstick bread machine with programmable settings. There are two kneading paddles to perfectly knead the dough. The external body is black in color, so you won’t have to worry about stains. Plus, the interior panel is dishwasher safe, which makes cleaning a simpler task. You can remove the panel, wash and reinstall in the machine. It has 12 different settings along with gluten-free bread baking. You can choose between crust settings and loaf sizes 1.5 lb or 2 lb. The top front has a digital display to manage everything and monitor the timer as well.
• Multiple crust settings
• Gluten-free baking
• Double loaf size options
• User-friendly digital display
• It might seem difficult to use for beginners
This automatic bread machine is perfectly suitable for beginners as well. The instructions are right on the panel with simple push buttons. So, you just need to add the given ingredients and push some buttons to begin the process. The rest happens automatically. There are multiple functions to bake different kinds of bread such as gluten-free, French, basic, yogurt, and others. The versatility of this machine makes it suitable for sourdough as well. There are three loaf sizes you can choose from and decide between three different crust colors as well.
• Automatic baking
• Keeps warm for 1 hour
• 19 different bread baking programs
• Durable build
• You might need some additional baking accessories
The Virtuoso Plus model from Zojirushi has some additional features in terms of course settings like whole wheat, multigrain, rapid style whole wheat, sugar-free, salt-free, sourdough and vegan as well. There are two kneading blades to properly complete dough kneading and deliver superior results. The lid also contains a heater to evenly brown and bake the bread. With the rapid course, you can get your bread loaf baked within 2 and 1/2 hours only.
• Digital LCD display
• Rapid baking settings
• Dual blades for dough kneading
• Moving the machine might seem difficult
How to buy the right bread machine for sourdough?
• The most important factor you should look for is- the ease of use. The machine should not be too complex to operate. The display and control panel has to be user-friendly with understandable instructions. That way, you will be able to leverage all the features and settings of a bread machine.
• Even when you need a machine for sourdough, try looking for a multi-functional option. There is no harm in having multiple options available to explore bread baking with basic, gluten-free, French, yogurt, rice bread, and other styles. Many machines also let you choose between multiple loaf sizes and crust colors. That way, you can customize the loaf size and bake for a light, medium, or dark crust.
• Most of the settings of the machine should be automated. If possible, invest in an automatic bread machine that safeguards your bread quality while baking.
• The design of the machine has to be durable and easy to maintain. The interior pan needs to be nonstick and removable. Hence, you will be able to remove the baked bread comfortably and remove the pan to clean it.
Follow these tips and you will become clear about which bread machine to buy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if my bread machine is not kneading properly?
Try adding less or more water, or you can try different types of flours. If there is a problem with the paddle, clean the area around it so that there is no blockage. If it still not works, then there may be a problem with the turning mechanism.
Can I open the bread machine during kneading?
So many people are afraid to touch while the kneading is in progress. But to be honest, nothing wrong can happen if you poke the dough after opening the lid.
Can I leave sourdough for proving overnight?
If you require an extra sourdough, then cover it and put it in the refrigerator immediately. When you see the dough in the morning or after 24 hours, the size will be increased to a greater extent. In this way, you can get extra sourdough.
You have all the information now to choose your bread machine. The mentioned products have a reputed position in the market. So, you can choose any one of them. But don’t forget to utilize the given buying tips to pick what suits your needs the best.