A football player can give his best when he feels confirmed about his safety on the field. And a helmet is the most important safety gear that a football player wears. A youth player needs a specially designed helmet that fits perfectly and provides reliable protection against concussion and other potential injuries. This guide offers you top rated youth football helmets along with some valuable tips to make a wise decision. Safety, style, and fitting, these helmets support a player in every possible way. So, let’s start with the reviews of the top rated football helmets for youth.
Reviewing high rated youth football helmets
View Latest Price
|1||Schutt Sports Vengeance VTD II Football Helmet||$199.00 - $299.99|
|2||EliteTek Clear Football Visor Eyeshield Universal||$19.99|
|3||Schutt Sports 798004 Youth Recruit Hybrid Football Helmet||$79.99 - $128.98|
|4||Xenith Youth X2E+ Football Helmet||$199.00|
|5||EliteTek Soft Padded Headgear Flag Football Helmet||$35.00|
|6||Schutt Sports Youth AiR Standard V Football Helmet||$$46.70 - $208.83|
Here is a list of youth football helmets that hold a strong reputation in the market:
The helmet shell of this design contains a low-profile, providing lightweight to this helmet. The internal TPU cushioning reaches every section including the internal link jaw pads. The helmet’s liner covers the head of the player and distributes the weight and pressure evenly. The chinstrap and jaw pads are mechanically attached. The design allows proper air flow in and out of the helmet to keep the player’s head cool. Multiple color options are available to choose from.
• Low-profile design to provide a lightweight helmet.
• Well-cushioned to protect the head with the assurance of an open flow of air.
• You have to buy a faceguard separately.
A league approved helmet design for youth players to play in youth and college games. The helmet has a 2-clip attachment system that makes wearing and removing a matter of seconds. The size fits young players seamlessly. The top-grade plastic design is shatterproof and the quality is admired by the players in NCAA, NFL, Youth football and High School football as well. The design is scratch resistant due to a special coating. It also protects against fog and UV light rays, which ensures long life.
• Guaranteed quality of the shatterproof design.
• UV coating and protection against fog and scratch.
• The size factor can sometimes require helmet bending.
The D3O technology and TPU cushioning of this helmet make it an equipped gear for a football player. The standoff shell is large and successfully absorbs the impact. The design is lined with internal cushioning and contains durable plastic material body externally. The football has been approved for all leagues. There are multiple color choices available to choose from.
• TPU cushioning to protect against concussion.
• Large-sized standoff shell to absorb impact force.
• The helmet doesn’t come with a faceguard.
This helmet design is exactly what a youth football player desires. Imported plastic has been utilized to create a durable helmet design. It contains special coatings to avoid scratches and protect the head. Also, the plastic construction doesn’t add too much weight to a player’s head. The helmet performs with a shock absorption technology with an optimal resistance against linear impacts. A faceguard is attached along with a silicone band. This ensures the perfect fit of the helmet on the head of every player.
• Lightweight construction with shock absorption technology.
• Silicon band for customized fitting.
• The helmet comes with a faceguard.
• The color choices are limited.
When talking about top rated youth football helmets, one can’t neglect the importance of a soft padded headgear. EliteTek offers an IRB certified flag football helmet that meets the worldwide standards of football. The fitting is exceptional with secure Velcro and takes no time for a player to wear. The side panels of the helmet have spaces for custom logo printing. The soft headgear can help a youth football player in passing leagues, practice sessions, and flag football. It protects from abrasions and cuts.
• Multiple sizes are available to match your needs.
• Soft headgear design with quick Velcro fitting.
• You will need a plastic football helmet to pair with this one.
This helmet design meets the high standards of NOCSAE. The design matches your traditional helmet used for standoffs. However, the plastic material is exceptionally effective in protecting against impact forces. The ABS plastic outer shell is covered internally with EVA and EPP foam liner to protect and provide cushioning to the player’s head. The jaw pads contain TPU cushioning to offer comfort and reliable support. At the same time, you get a chin cup strap with plastic buckles.
• The quality matches all league standards.
• The ABS plastic protects against shattering and even scratches.
• The helmet needs a faceguard bought separately.
How to select the top youth football helmets?
These are the signs that you are buying a top rated football helmet:
• League approved design. If the design has been approved by all youth leagues, then, you have a green signal on buying that helmet. A helmet has to comply with the league standards, so you can safely use it when playing.
• Perfect fitting. The helmet design should fit your head perfectly. Many designs contain silicon straps that provide custom fitting. Any helmet you choose should provide a perfect fitting.
• Impact resistant. The whole point of wearing a helmet is to get protection against those forceful impacts. The external plastic and internal cushioning should safeguard your head during those intense games.
• Guaranteed quality. If the manufacturer is ready to guarantee the satisfaction of using a helmet, you can on the right track. Choose a helmet that shows the manufacturer’s confidence.
Apart from these features, you should look for scratch resistance, UV protection and shatterproof capacity in your helmet.
With that, you are ready to make a fine selection of a youth football helmet. If you finalize a helmet without a faceguard, look for a compatible faceguard right away. Most helmet brands provide faceguards separately. You can find them easily, or choose a helmet design that already contains a faceguard.